After having sailed to Bangladesh with the River Barge which became the “Lifebuoy Friendship Hospital”, Yves has been living in Bangladesh for more than 19 years, fully committed to sailing and boat building.
In his ‘previous life’ Yves is known for his versatile fields of expertise, creativity, and achievements…
- He is primarily a pilot of private planes and all types of ultra lights flying crafts. He created the “Propulsar”, lightest flying machine of its time and flew across the British Channel as a world premiere.
- Sailed “solo” across the Atlantic Ocean on his personal sailing yacht and sailed as a world première his river barge across the Atlantic Ocean from Paris to Miami.
- Created with his wife Runa Khan, the Friendship NGO and Contic, a riverine tourism company.
- Overhauled the largest traditional boat of Bangladesh, built the last “Patham” and “Shampan” boats of the country.
- Launched with Runa, the project of a “Living Museum of the Traditional Boats of Bangladesh”.
- Conceived and built the “Emirates Friendship Hospital”.
- Built on the plans of Marc Van Peteghem the first catamaran river ambulance.
- Conceived with Marc and built the “Masdoris”, first fibreglass fishing boat of Bangladesh.
After having served a full career as navy officer, he joined TaraTari shipyard and is bringing his knowledge of the sea/river conditions of the country, the climatic and weather conditions, the state of the fleets and crafts (fishermen – river transport etc…).
He is also enhancing TaraTari shipyard with technical sense and his abilities in management, both in human resources, material and equipment.
- Mr Mokles is the administrator of the company
- Mr. K.C.Roy is the foremen of the company
- Mr. Iftekar Imam is foreman assistant
- Mr. Shiuli Bejun is our store keeper
- Mr. Fuzlul Huqui is our purchase officer
- Mr. Md Abdul Barik Houlder is our accounts officer